A Quick Glance at the Year 2011
» 31 Dec 2011 |
|
Labels:
About Me,
Uncategorized
|
Here we come to the end of another wonderful year. Year 2011 has been really wonderful and I had varied experiences in terms of Learning, Sharing, Networking, and much more.
Learning
From a Technical Standpoint, I have been doing a considerable amount of reading thereby learning new things and improving my skill set in the Microsoft BI space. Exploring the new features of SQL Server Denali was really fun and exciting as more and more feature additions/improvements were made with each CTP release. Currently exploring the SQL Server 2012 RC0 and will continue to explore it in the coming days.
From a Management Standpoint, it has been quite interesting and at times stressful. Though I have been focused more on the technology side of the things right from the beginning of my career, I did a little bit of management work here and there. And, during 2009 I was involved in a considerable amount of management work when I was at the client location and was working as an Onshore Lead in an Onsite-Offshore model. Thereafter, starting from 2010 I was again focused mostly on the technology side of things working as a Technical Lead after I came back to India. During 2011, again I moved into a Techno-Management Role and have been working as a Development Lead for about 6 months now. So far the journey has been pretty good though little stressful at times, as it involves dealing with people, processes, and lot more.
Irrespective of which role we are in, some amount of management experience is essential as we go higher up the ladder and I have gained sufficient understanding of the management aspects based on my last 6 months of journey and I believe it is sufficient for folks at my level of experience in the industry.
I strongly believe that, learning is a continuous process and there is no end to it. We learn something new every day be it technical or non technical. In the coming days, I will focus more on the technology side and try my best to share my learning's with the community.
Sharing
Sharing is a very important aspect of learning. Learning is of no use if we do not share our learning with others. Sharing knowledge with others offers great benefits like opportunity to connect with people, learning from their experiences, and also learning new things based on the interactions made as part of sharing and much more.
As part of the sharing exercise, I have delivered few trainings/sessions within the organization on SQL Server, Query Processing, T-SQL, SSAS, & SSRS etc. It was an exciting and a wonderful experience. Will try my best and continue to contribute towards trainings/sessions and anyone interested can contact me through my blog and I will be happy to help you get started :)
Blogging
Blogging is another way to learn and share, and I have been doing quite a bit of blogging though it got slowed down towards the end of the year. I have written quite a few articles on the new features of Denali and have started posting short tips at JustLearned on BeyondRelational.com and have submitted a couple of articles on MSSQLtips.com. I plan to continue to blog and at a more increased pace by publishing articles more frequently and participating more and more on forums etc.
Here is a list of all the tips and articles that I have written during 2011 both on this blog and also on external SQL Server Community Websites.
All in all, it has been a wonderful year with an increased amount of activity compared to previous year. Looking forward to a new year with lot of learning, fun and excitement!!
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
|||||




0 comments:
Post a Comment